Info for Course Instructors
TRAINING OPTIONS FOR COURSE INSTRUCTORS, CUPE 3902, UNIT 1
Training options for Course Instructors include the day long training camp (offered prior to the start of every term) and designated TATP workshops (including Quercus workshops).
If you are a student or post-doctoral fellow working as a Course Instructor at the University of Toronto for the first time and you are a member of CUPE 3902 Unit 1, you are eligible to receive 6 hours of paid job training. It is the responsibility of the hiring department to provide and pay you for participating in such training. The 6 hours will be paid on top of your course stipend at the SGS II hourly rate. For subsequent appointments of 30 hours or more, you may request additional training of up to 4 hours for each appointment.
Your department may choose to develop and deliver the training or they may direct you to our office to receive the training.
If you attend a training session delivered by your department, your department will take attendance and will use that as proof of your participation.
If you plan to attend training sessions offered by our office to fulfill your 6 hours of training, you must:
- Download the CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Course Instructor Training Request Form(PDF)
- Bring your form with you to the session and ask the presenter to sign it. The presenter will only sign your form AFTER the session.
- Submit the completed form to your department so that your department knows to process your pay for meeting the training requirement.
Please note that not all CTSI/TATP workshops are approved for Course Instructor training. To view a list of our approved workshops/events for CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Course Instructors, visit our Course Instructor Training Options webpage. Please be advised that any given workshop is either paid training or credit in a TATP certificate. You cannot “double-count” workshops.
In addition to paid training, TATP and the Course Instructor Training Coordinator is also available to support Course Instructors through:
- Consultations – Click on the link for more information and to submit your request.
- In-Class Observation of your teaching. For more information and to submit a request, click on the highlighted in-class observation text link.
If you have further questions, please contact Marie Vander Kloet, Assistant Director, at 416-978-1510 or email@example.com.