Supporting Documentation (TA)
TAs under consideration (meaning shortlisted candidates) for this award will be asked to provide ALL the following documentation in an award dossier (please note this is not a teaching dossier):
- a cover letter summarizing why you are a strong candidate for the award and outlining the contents of your nomination package
- a complete CV or summary of teaching experience
- one or more letter(s) of support from a faculty member familiar with your teaching
- a teaching philosophy statement addressing your beliefs and practices about teaching and learning in your discipline (information on Preparing Your Teaching Philosophy Statement is available)
- sample teaching materials, each of which should be contextualised by a brief description of how it relates to your teaching philosophy, practices, or strengths. Examples might be (NOTE: all materials must have been drafted by the candidate, not a faculty member or Course Coordinator):
– sample lesson plan for a tutorial or class
– sample quiz or test
– examples of exam questions
– examples of essay questions
– instructions for an in-class activity
– selected slides from a lecture or tutorial presentation (with lesson plan or talking points)
– tutorial syllabus
– instructions for an individual assignment
– unsolicited emails from students from a course TA’d between Jan 2017 and Dec 2017
– course evaluations (if available) from a course TA’d between Jan 2017 and Dec 2017
NOTE: All identifying information of your students should be removed. First names are okay; full names, email addresses, etc., are not.
NOTE: When submitting your package, please print double sided if possible.
DO NOT INCLUDE MATERIAL FROM CURRENT STUDENTS. This would include emails, letters or student work.
Please include a COVER LETTER with the supporting documentation package.
The statement and the materials provided must have been prepared by the TA, not a colleague or the Course Coordinator.
Additional letters or emails from students or faculty members may also be included. Shortlisted candidates must submit all materials to CTSI, accompanied by a COVER LETTER, by April 13th at noon.