Nomination Process (TA)
How to be nominated:
If you are a teaching assistant who would like to share information about this award, please let colleagues, your department, and students know how they can nominate a TA. All nominations are anonymous and a TA should not be involved in this process beyond sharing a link to this page.
TAs are prohibited from soliciting nominations for the award. Reporting of such behaviour may result in removal of nominations from consideration. TAs may inform students that the award exists and direct them to the appropriate web link. They may not ask students or faculty directly to nominate them for the award. Faculty and undergraduate students are actively encouraged to engage students in nominating a TA for the award.
A nomination file is opened for a candidate when the following criteria are fulfilled:
- Nominations will only be accepted from individuals with direct experience as either 1) a student of the TA; 2) a direct supervisor of the TA with knowledge of their teaching activities; or 3) a colleague (staff or faculty) who has directly observed the teaching of the TA. Faculty members are encouraged to submit nominations; however, evidence of student support is mandatory to be considered for the award.
- The minimum number of two online forms or nomination letters from students are completed.
- Nomination letters must directly speak to the selection criteria.
For shortlisted candidates:
- The TATP will contact TA nominees for additional supporting documentation if the candidate is shortlisted for the award.
- Faculty please note: Shortlisted candidates must provide a faculty reference letter in addition to an initial nomination.
Nominations Open: November 4, 2019
Nominations Close: February 3, 2020 at noon (12:00p.m.)
Short List Announced: March 2, 2020
Supporting Material Due: March 30, 2020 at noon (12:00p.m.)
Winners Announced: April 29, 2020