Eligibility Requirements (TA)
Please attentively examine the eligibility and ineligibility requirements before putting in an application. This award recognizes TAs who have contact time with undergraduate students.
TA is eligible if:
- They receive 2 or more student nominations (NB: Faculty may submit a nomination but evidence of student support will be required as well)
- They have at least 100 hours of TA experience at the University of Toronto prior to the current academic year.
- They have held a TA appointment during the current academic year (May 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020) in an undergraduate course.
- They have been a member of CUPE 3902, Units 1, 2 and 4 and enrolled in the School of Graduate Studies.
- They have been a previously shortlisted nominee.
TA is ineligible if:
- They are an undergraduate TA.
- They are a previous winner. (Those who have previously been shortlisted can reapply.)
- They are a TA holding their first TA appointment at the University of Toronto.
- They have taught for less that 100 hours as a TA at the University of Toronto prior to the current academic year.
- They have only taught graduate students or have held exclusively administrative positions.