Supporting Documentation for Shortlisted Candidates (BIPOC TA)
Shortlisted candidates for this award will be asked to provide ALL of the following documentation in an award dossier (please note that you are not required to provide a fully completed teaching dossier):
- A cover letter (one page) summarizing why you are a strong candidate for the award. Please include your program of study, the courses you have TA’d or you are currently TAing, a brief overview of the contents of the teaching materials being submitted, and the names of faculty nominators.
- An abbreviated CV that includes a summary of your teaching experience.
- One or more letter(s) of support from a supervising instructor familiar with your teaching.
- A statement of teaching philosophy addressing your beliefs and practices about teaching and learning in your discipline. Information on Preparing Your Teaching Philosophy Statement is available.
- Sample teaching materials, each of which should be contextualized by a brief description of how it relates to your teaching philosophy, practices, or strengths. Please provide a variety of teaching materials, totaling no more than 60 pages. All materials must have been drafted by the candidate, not a faculty member or Course Coordinator. Sample teaching materials could include some of the following (all elements are not required):
- sample lesson plan for a tutorial or class
- sample quiz or test
- examples of exam questions
- examples of essay questions
- instructions for an in-class activity
- selected slides from a lecture or tutorial presentation (with a lesson plan or talking points; do not include full slide decks)
- tutorial syllabus
- instructions for an individual assignment
- unsolicited emails from students from a course TA’d between January 2021 and December 2022
- course evaluations (if available) from a course TA’d between January 2021 and December 2022
- Any information that may identify your students must be removed: name, email address, etc.
- DO NOT INCLUDE MATERIAL FROM CURRENT STUDENTS. This would include emails, letters, or student work.
- Additional letters or emails from students or faculty members may also be included. Shortlisted candidates must submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by a COVER LETTER, by April 12th, 2023 at end of day (5:00 pm).