Eligibility Requirements (BIPOC TA)
Please attentively examine the eligibility and ineligibility requirements before submitting an application.
TA is eligible if:
- They self-identify as a member of a Black, Indigenous and/or racialized community.
- They receive 2 or more student nominations.
- They receive 1 or more faculty nominations.
- They have at least 100 hours of TA experience at the University of Toronto prior to the current academic year.
- They have held a TA appointment during the current academic year (May 1, 2022 – April 30, 2023) in an undergraduate course.
- They have been a member of CUPE 3902, Units 1, 2, or 4 and enrolled in the School of Graduate Studies.
TA is ineligible if:
- They don’t self-identify as members of a Black, Indigenous and/or racialized community.
- They were a previous winner of a TATP Teaching Excellence Award. (Those who have previously been shortlisted can reapply).
- They are a TA holding their first TA appointment at the University of Toronto in the current academic year.
- They have taught for less than 100 hours as a TA at the University of Toronto prior to the current academic year.
- They have only taught graduate students or have held exclusively administrative positions.