Supporting Students In Distress
Wondering about effective ways to refer a student in distress?
Explore the TATP Guide, Supporting Students in Distress: Guidelines for Teaching Assistants at the University of Toronto
The guide will help you:
- understand the U of T framework for mental health;
- explore some of the key guidelines on how to observe, engage and refer students in distress;
- identify specific strategies on how to begin and manage challenging conversations with students who may be in distress;
- locate some of the main resources—academic, safety and health and wellness—at the University and the wide community;
- adapt self-care strategies for managing students in distress.