Eligibility Requirements (TA)
To be eligible for this award a candidate must meet the following:
- Receive 2 or more student nominations (NB: Faculty may submit a nomination but evidence of student support will be required as well)
- Minimum TA Experience: at least 100 hours of TA experience at the University of Toronto prior to the current academic year. TAs are not eligible for the award in their first year as a TA at U of T.
- Have held a TA appointment during the current academic year (May 1, 2017 – April 30, 2018) in an undergraduate course. TAs in graduate level courses are not eligible.
- Be a member of CUPE 3902, Units 1, 2 and 4 and enrolled in the School of Graduate Studies. Undergraduate TAs are not eligible for the award.
- Previous winners of the award may be nominated, but will not be shortlisted.
- TAs can be a previously shortlisted nominee.
- This award is not open to TAs holding their first TA appointment.
- This award recognizes TAs who have contact time with undergraduate students. TAs holding exclusively administrative positions are not eligible for this award.